Dr. Ashutosh Singh is Professor in the College of Agribusiness Management, Pantnagar carrying professional experience of 18 years in industry and academics. His job duties include Post Graduate teaching of Agribusiness and Engineering students, PG and Doctoral fellow guidance, Curriculum Development, Preparation of Study Material for MBA programme, Development of Training Manual for the stakeholders of agribusiness, research, extension and consultancy activities along with the other administrative tasks of varied nature.
He has been associated as PI/Co-PI with collaborative projects including Internationalizing Agricultural Progarms at TSU and Promoting Trade in Value-Added Products: Collaboration with an Indian Institution funded by United States Department of Agriculture and Study on Handling of Agricultural Waste in APMCs funded by MoA, GoI through NIAM, Jaipur.
Dr. Singh has developed course material for Post Graduate Programme in Agriculture Policy, Agribusiness Management Course on Managing Human Resource, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi. He has also developed Self Learning Material under Distance Mode for Post Graduate Diploma in HRD for U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad.
Dr. Singh has authored and presented more than twenty research papers nationally and internationally including country paper in the International Seminar on SCM for Marine Food Products organized by Asian Productivity Organization at Seoul, Republic of Korea, theme paper on “The Changing Face of Agricultural and Food Marketing in India –Linking Farmers with Markets” at AAEA & ACCI Joint Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida, USA, Faculty Seminars on Agribusiness issues at Tennessee State University, Nashville USA as invited faculty from India.
Dr. Singh has guided more than sixty Post Graduate MBA projects. Two Ph.D. thesis entitled “Impact of Amended APMC Act on Apple Business in Himachal Pradesh” and “Sustainable P:rocurement Practices for Fruits and Vegetable Processing Industry in Uttarakhand” has been awarded under his supervision and 2 more Ph.D. research works are going on.
Dr. Singh is also nominated in the Panel of Examiners of NDUA&T, CSAUA&T, CIFE Mumbai, RTOU, Allahabad, VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, AAU Jorhat etc.
Recently Dr. Singh was nominated as Domain Expert for Spot Verification of e-uparjan Project Harda (M.P.) under Prime Minister Award for Excellence in Public Administration.
- Saxena Ankur, Singh Ashutosh “IT enabled Agri-Supply Chain: A Successful Implication of ICT in Rural India” National Seminar on Technological Interventions for Sustainable Hill Development June 17-19, 2013: 117 (Abstract)
- Hussain Mustfa and Singh Ashutosh (2013) “Analyzing Awareness and Perception of Apple Growers regarding Amended APMC Act in Himachal Pradesh” Land Bank Journal of National Co-operative Agriculture and Rural Development Banks’ Federation Ltd., Mumbai 52 (2): pp 1-11.
- Singh Ashutosh, Dubey SK, Singh Harpreet “Farmers’ Perception and Buying Behaviour Regarding Nitrogenous and Customized Fertilizers in Ludhiana District of Punjab” In Edited Book Reshaping Technology for Agricultural Development ISBN 978-93-81226-50-6 Satish Serial Publishing House, New Delhi Chapter 17 pp 377-387
- Hussain Mustafa, Singh Ashutosh “Agro Eco Tourism and Livelihood Enhancement in Uttarakhand: A Case Study of Corbett’s Village Choti-Haldwani” In Edited Book Reshaping Technology for Agricultural Development ISBN 978-93-81226-50-6 Satish Serial Publishing House New Delhi Chapter 18 pp389-399
- Singh Ashutosh, Hussain Mustfa, Joshi Sanjay, Pant Satish “Effective Supply Chain Management and Distribution Practices of Dairy Products at IDF Pantnagar” Aatmbodh (Journal of Rajrishi School of Management & Technology) Spring 2011 8(1): pp 5-8
- Bhardwaj R.K., Upadhay Anup, Singh Ashutosh, Sikka B.K., Arya Rahul “Preferences and Problems in Agribased Enterprises of Farm Advisory Committees Under ATMA” Aatmbodh (Journal of Rajrishi School of Management & Technology) Spring 2011 8(1): pp 44-52
- Singh Surendra, Sikka Balraj, Singh Ashutosh “Exploring World Markets for Indian Organic Produce: Potential and Challenges” (Presentation Id 342 Session K5 Basalt Consumer Orientation and Marketing) IFAMA Symposium Frankfurt Germany, 2011
- Singh Ashutosh, Gautam Amit (2010) “Appraisal of Distribution Network of Vegetable Seed Companies: Benchmarking the Best Distribution Practices” Management Insight Vol VI, No. 2, December, 2010 pp. 37-42
- Bhardwaj Rohatash, Sikka B.K., Sharma M.L., Singh Ashutosh, Singh N. K., Arya Rahul “Challenges and Constraints of Marketing and Export of Indian Spices in India” (ID 1272) International Conference on Technology and Business Management March 28-30, 2011 SZABIST Dubai
- Bhardwaj Rohatash, Sikka B.K., Sharma M.L., Singh Ashutosh, Singh N. K., Arya Rahul “Sustainable Agriculture for Increasing Efficiency of Tomato-Value Chain” (Id 1273) International Conference on Technology and Business Management March 28-30, 2011 SZABIST Dubai
- Sikka B.K., Singh Ashutosh, Sharma M.L. and Bhardwaj R.K. (2011) “Green Merchandising: Way Forward To Green Consumerism” Changing Dynamics of Marketing, Excel India Publishers, Mumbai, (INDIA), ISBN 93-80697-48-1 pp. 496-508
- Sikka B.K., Singh Ashutosh, Sharma M.L., Bhardwaj R.K. (2011) “Organic Food as a Strategy To Deal With Worries About The Safety and Quality of Food- Consumer Buying Decision Process” Changing Dynamics of Marketing, Excel India Publishers, Mumbai, (INDIA), ISBN 93-80697-48-1 pp. 558-78
- Singh Ashutosh, Dubey S.K. (2009) “Designing an efficient Procurement Channel for Supply of Peas, Cabbage and Capsicum” published in the Perspectives on Agripreneurship and Rural Development(ICARD), Excel India Publishers (Edited Book) pp 119-129
- Singh Surendra P., Sikka B.K., Singh Ashutosh “Supply Chain Management and Indian Fresh Produce Supply Chain: Opportunities and Challenges” paper presented at the International Food & Agribusiness Management Association, 19th Annual World Symposium, Budapest, Hungary June 20-23, 2009 (Id 1041)
- Singh Ashutosh, Dubey S.K. “Performance Monitoring System of Employees of Banking Sector” , “Optimization”, Journal of Research in Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, July-Dec 2008, pp – 38-42
- Sikka B.K., Singh Ashutosh, Agnihotri A.K. “Export Competitiveness of Indian Horti-business Industry – A Model for Capacity Building under Precision Farming” 9th International Conference on Precision Agriculture, July 20-23, 2008 Denver, Colorado, USA
- Arora VPS, Singh Ashutosh “Demystifying Management Education: Indian Perspective” Backgrounder for ASSOCHAM 4th International Education Fair cum Seminar on 17-18 May2008 pp 12-19
- Developed the following Self Learning Material under Distance Mode for Post Graduate Diploma in HRD for U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad
- Singh Ashutosh, Dubey S.K. paper entitled “Greening the Supply Chain for Marine Food Products: Emerging Issues and Policy Options published in the proceedings of International Conference on “Agribusiness and Food Industry in Developing Countries: Opportunities and Challenge”s organized by IIM, Lucknow from 10-12 August, 2007
- Singh Ashutosh, Sikka B.K. on Leveraging Competitiveness of Indian Organic Produce at Global Platform in the 15th Annual Conference of Agriculture Economics Research Association UAS, Dharwad on 25-27 October, 2007 (Abstract)
- Singh Ashutosh “Human Resource Development in Agricultural Education and Research System: Revitalizing for Green Revolution-II” published under ASSOCHEM Backgrounder 22-24 November, 2006 pp 29-34
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Laws and Ethics
- Business Communication
- Human Resource Management